The Huo Family Foundation (HFF) is a grant-giving charity. Its mission is to support education, communities and the pursuit of knowledge. Its current areas of focus are education, neuroscience and psychology, and the arts. Since its inception in 2009, HFF has given over $55 million to support projects in the UK, US and China. More information about HFF can be found at http://huofamilyfoundation.org.
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a variety of different tasks supporting both the family and HFF in a professional and friendly environment, working with a small and close-knit team. The Foundation is at a very exciting time in its development, with the successful candidate playing a key role in shaping its giving going forward.
- Interest in the non-profit sector, with a knowledge of the role of grant-giving within it
- Highly organised, efficient and detail orientated
- Confident, proactive and flexible
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Financially literate
- Trustworthy and discreet
- IT proficient, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- An understanding of scientific research and its processes
- Experience using CRM software
- Experience writing briefings and reports
Roles and Responsibilities
Working closely with the CEO and CFO, the intern’s duties will include (but not be limited to) –
- Assessing the impact of historic and existing grants – meeting with grant recipients, gathering and analysing data, presenting reports for the Foundation’s stakeholders.
- Maintaining the Foundation’s CRM, Optimy.
- Writing copy for the Foundation website, including interviews for its ‘In Conversation With’ series.
- Researching best practice within the charitable sector – identifying other organisations with similar missions, making recommendations regarding what HFF can learn from them
- Helping to organise events
- Identifying new funding opportunities which fit with HFF’s mission
- Creating processes for effective working
- Responsibilities will also involve work supporting the wider family office
Contract length: 6 months
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter (max. one side of A4) to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the same email.
If you would like to hear more, or have any questions about the role, contact Sam Wildsmith (outgoing Programme Officer) on firstname.lastname@example.org or +447795097367.